By: Keyur Seta
All over the world, human population is divided on the basis of religion. There are a large number of religions practiced universally and people from each one consider someone from another religion as different from him or her. But if we look at it closely, we realize that we all fall under the category of human beings; that we all have the same flesh and bones; that we all feel happy and sad at the same things. This universal truth was presented at the event Interfaith Dialogue for Modern Era in Mumbai by Ramakrishna Mission and Math, Mumbai. The Interfaith Dialogue was a part of the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda, whose message was also spread widely at the event.
There was dialogue and interaction by religious heads of various religions –
- Christianity by Father Joshua
- Zoroastrianism by Lion Yazdi Panthaki
- Baha’ism by Dr Mangesh Teli
- Buddhism by Prof. Sudhakar Arjun Pawar
- Jainism Dr. Bipin Doshi
- Islam by Maulana Syed Athar Ali
- Sikhism by Mr. Harpal Singh
- Judaism by Mr. Ralphy Jhira
- Sufism by Mr. Sami Bubere
- Hinduism by Swami Atmapriyanandji Maharaj
After listening to each one of them, it wasn’t hard to realize that all religions preach the same message of humanity, oneness, equality and love for all fellow beings.
Some pictures from the event: