By: Keyur Seta
After watching the trailers of upcoming films Talaash (Hindi) and Pune 52 (Marathi) many times, I have found a lot of similarities in both the films. In fact, I am surprised I haven’t seen anyone else pointing this out. Hence, I can’t help but list them out here.
But before doing that, I would like to make myself clear that I am in no way trying to indicate that both films have the same story or one film is copied from the other. I haven’t seen any of the two films and these are just my observations from the promos.
These are the similar points from the promos of Talaash and Pune 52: –
- Both films are thrillers with one male lead and two female leads.
- From the two female leads, one plays a traditional Indian lady (wife of the male lead) who mostly wears sarees while the other plays an attractive, young girl.
- The character of the wife is hyper and blunt. She constantly taunts her husband.
- The male character is investigating a complicated case.
- The case makes life hell for him.
- The case brings him in contact with the character of the attractive, young girl.
- The girl becomes a part of his life.
- His married life starts going through a rough patch.
Having listed these points, I am quite sure both films are vastly different from each other. As I said before, these are just my observations from the promos that I found very interesting. Here’s wishing both movies critical as well as box office success.